Child care is a major issue for working parents everywhere. Whether you own a business or work for someone else, if you have children, one of the biggest questions you need to answer is: Who will care for my children when I’m working?
Many parents forgo commercial daycare programs or nannies, and look for home-based child care situations that allow their children to be watched in someone’s home with other children.
- You can take care of your own children as part of your business.
- You can positively impact the growth and development of the children in your care.
- Your schedule will likely be standard business hours, and you won’t have to accommodate weekend or holiday hours.
- You need to research what regulations and licenses are required by your state.
- You will need comprehensive insurance to protect yourself and the children in your care.
- You home may need modifications to provide a safe and age-appropriate environment for children.